We aim to provide the best possible service to our patients and hope you will feel that we achieve that aim. The care of your health is a partnership between yourself and the primary health care team. The success of that partnership depends on an understanding of each other’s needs and co-operation between us.
We have listed below the standards of service that you can expect from this practice:
Our Responsibility to You:
- You will be greeted courteously.
- You have a right to confidentiality.
- You have the right to see your medical records subject to the limitations of the law.
- You will be seen the same day if your problem is urgent.
- You will be informed if there will be a delay of more than 20 minutes for your appointment.
- You will be referred to a consultant when you and your GP agree that it is necessary.
- You will be given the result of any test or investigation on request or at your next appointment.
- Your repeat prescription will be ready for collection within 48 hours of your request.
- Your suggestions and comments about the services offered will be considered sympathetically and any complaint dealt with quickly.
Your Responsibility to Us:
- Please treat all surgery staff with courtesy. Remember they are working under doctors’ orders.
- Do not ask for information about anyone other than yourself.
- Tell us of any change of name or address, so that our records are accurate.
- Only request an urgent appointment if appropriate. Home visits should only be requested if you are really too ill to attend surgery.
- Please attend appointments on time or give the practice adequate notice if you wish to cancel. Someone else could use your appointment.
- An appointment is for one person only – where another member of the family needs to be seen or discussed, another appointment should be made.
- Please allow sufficient time for your consultant’s letter or the results of any tests to reach us.
- Use the tear off slip to request your repeat prescription whenever possible. Please attend for review, when asked, before your next prescription is due.
You can help us by letting us know when you are not happy with the services we provide, or if you have useful comments about how they can be improved.